Service Employees International Union, Local 1
Summary & Job Description
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are expanding the Finance Department by adding an Accounting Manager to address many accounting activities including financial reporting and review, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and reports.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Google, accounting software and databases;
· Ability to manipulate large amounts of data;
· Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations;
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal;
· High attention to detail and accuracy;
· Ability to direct and supervise, as well as collaborate;
· Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information discreetly;
· Commitment to social justice and ability to promote an atmosphere of diversity, equity and inclusion;
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance and experience that is relevant to the responsibilities enumerated above.
· Experience in a Union environment is advantageous.
Salary & Benefits
· Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience;
· Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and other benefits.