Service Employees International Union, Local 1
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are now hiring a Dues Processor to work in our Chicago office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter and post member dues receipts by deposit;
- Maintain and update membership, employer and job site records in database;
- Resolve member and employer inquiries regarding dues payments;
- Process dues which includes billing/assessments on a monthly/quarterly basis;
- Perform research in file room and produce monthly/quarterly bills, where required;
- Suggest work flow improvements to streamline dues processing;
- Establish beneficial relationships with employers that will be productive when problems arise;
- Enter and attach Authorization and COPE cards. Send these to employers for processing;
- Track missing employer dues and COPE payments and contact employers for missing funds;
- Process walk-in dues payments from members at reception window;
- Work with Dues Supervisor on special reports for Organizers; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, particularly Excel) and the ability to learn new computer programs;
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interface effectively with union members, staff, senior management and outside clients/vendors/employers;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure; and,
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is competitive.
- Full benefits package including health insurance, a pension plan and paid vacation.