Service Employees International Union, Local 1
Summary & Job Description
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are currently seeking a Data Specialist to work in our Chicago office.
- Process member information to ensure the highest quality data;
- Import and export data between other software and the Local 1 membership database;
- Assist in creation of reports and analysis for campaign leadership;
- Contribute to a data stewardship culture, maintain data integrity and quality;
- Organize work flows around digital member data submissions;
- Coach coworkers around data and tech;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and set priorities;
- Experience in a data role;
- Bachelor’s degree/current student or 2+ years of appropriate experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Proficiency with SQL, Python other programming languages;
- Experience in facilitation and coaching a plus;
- Experience with EveryAction NGP VAN, Salesforce or Unionware a plus;
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable (based on the Staff Union Contract)
- Full benefits package including health insurance, a pension plan and paid vacation.