Member Resource Center Representative - Spanish Speaking
|Title:||Member Resource Center Representative - Spanish Speaking|
|Department:||Member Resource Center|
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice.
We are now hiring a Bilingual Member Resource Center Representative in Chicago.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage member inquiries by providing information and advice, or by referring the inquiry to the appropriate personnel.
- Managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in the MRC
- Documenting calls and update existing member profiles
- Manage and resolve disputes using local computer database
- Following communication “scripts” when doing voice authorizations
- Problem-solve for members in response to pay issue inquiries
- Provide contract language interpretation and analysis.
- Advise members of their workplace rights over the phone, in person or in writing.
- Provide strike support, including organizing community support, helping pressure employers, arranging back to work assignments, and research.
- Participating in relevant training and professional development activities.
- Contributing to a collaborative team effort to meet MRC objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, HR, Economics or experience in the labor movement or related field.
- Ability to efficiently work with a high level of autonomy and manage his/her call terminal.
- Ability to act independently and organize their time with minimum supervision.
- Call Center experience in a high call volume environment
- Keen listening skills to identify key facts during calls, and tactfully give advice.
- Maintain productive working relations with the members and other staff.
- Ability to multitask in a high pressure, fast-paced environment, set priorities, stress tolerance and manage time effectively.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is competitive.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid health insurance, a pension plan, paid vacation and other benefits.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications