Service Employees International Union, Local 1
PURPOSE: To provide support in the collection, storage and analysis of personal information and organizing records in support of ongoing organizing campaigns.
- Manage and ensure the integrity of data related to new member engagement;
- Assist in creation of reports and analysis for campaign leadership;
- Train organizers and other staff in best practices and data skill sets;
- Train organizers in VAN;
- Assist in documenting standard operating procedures;
- Use VAN to maintain an up to date list of all targeted workers;
- Other duties assigned
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends;
- Capacity to work independently and with a team;
- Previous experience in union, community or political organizing is desirable;
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice is required.
- High Level experience with VAN;
- Experience creating and adjusting reports to meet a field team’s needs;
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills, including proficiency with spreadsheet and relational database software applications and experience working with large data sets;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and set priorities;
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable subject or 2+ years of related work experience or training;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly excel. Experience with SQL a plus;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with people inside and outside the organization.
Local 1 is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBT community are especially encouraged to apply.