Service Employees International Union, Local 1
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are seeking Research Interns for the 2019 Spring & Summer terms.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
● Property records & commercial real estate industry research
● Database and spreadsheet processing
● Data entry
● Reading and summarizing lawsuits and government records
● LexisNexis research
● Opportunities for programming/script writing, depending on ability level
● Other duties as assigned
● Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
● Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel functions.
● Programming skills (SQL, Python, etc) and/or mapping skills a plus.
● Strong communication, writing and quantitative skills.
● Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently.
PAY / HOURS / TERM
● 20 hrs/week, schedule flexible, to be determined in conjunction with Lead Researcher.
● February-May 2019 (Spring) / June-August 2019 (Summer) – Terms could be combined, depending on candidate qualifications & availability.